At one time if you had said that an African-American would be president of the United States people would have thought you were crazy. Praise God those days are behind us. At one time if you had said there would be a rogue president violating the Constitution at will and daring Congress to impeach him you would have been accused of either taking drugs or needing some. Sad to say those days are upon us.
Some will ask how is President Obama violating the Constitution?
· He made recess appointments to the National labor Relations Board (NLRB) while the Senate was in session. This was found to be unconstitutional by a rare unanimous Supreme Court decision.
· Obama Administration uses IRS to target conservative, Christian and pro-Israel organizations, donors, and citizens.
· In an unprecedented attack on the First Amendment, the Obama Justice Department ordered criminal investigations of FOX News reporters for doing their jobs during the 2012 election year.
· President Obama, throughout his Presidency, has refused to enforce long-established U.S. immigration laws. For example .
More than 300,000 captured illegal aliens had been processed and were awaiting deportation. But, incredibly, Obama stopped these deportations and ordered the U.S. border patrol to release many of these illegal aliens in violation of law and without explanation.
Congress rejected Obama’s so called DREAM ACT – which would have granted permanent residency to many illegal aliens. So Obama enacted his own version of the DREAM ACT by Executive Order, thus directly defying Congress. According to Obama’s Executive Order, illegal aliens can stay in America if they are under the age of thirty, have been in America for at least five years, are enrolled in school or have graduated from high school, and have committed no felonies.
· Obama has refused to build a double-barrier security fence along the U.S.-Mexican border in direct violation of the 2006 Secure Fence Act. This law requires that “at least two layers of reinforced fencing” be built along America’s 650-mile border with Mexico. So far, just 40 miles of this fence have been built – most of it during the Bush Administration.
· Obama’s Health and Human Services Department has, on its own (without Congressional approval), issued a mandate that all health insurance plans must include coverage for abortion-inducing drugs. As a result, pro-life employers and taxpayers are now effectively required by law to pay for abortions.
This mandate is an unconstitutional attack on the protections for freedom of religion and freedom of conscience in the First Amendment and the 1993 Religious Freedom Restoration Act. This mandate also directly violates the ObamaCare law enacted by Congress, which prohibits any and all taxpayer funds from being used to pay for abortions.
Operation Fast & Furious.
“Operation Fast & Furious” was the Obama Administration’s gun-running scheme that put thousands of American-made semi-automatic weapons in the hands of Mexican drug cartels and resulted in the death of at least one U.S. Border Patrol Agent, Brian Terry. Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder lied to Congress and the public, claiming he didn’t know about his Justice Department’s Fast & Furious operation.
Congress has now held Mr. Holder in contempt for defying congressional subpoenas and refusing to turn over thousands of Justice Department documents on Fast & Furious.