AMERICA’S FIFTH COLUMN AND ITS “USEFUL IDIOTS”
There is little doubt in my mind that, for years, lawyers and lobbyists have been selling America out to her enemies in return for 30 or more pieces of silver. By providing legal counsel and public relations support to thugs, dictators and those who are openly hostile to the American way of life. Channeling significant funds to corrupt politicians and other “opinion-makers” by virtue of “washed funds” filtered through American subsidiary corporations of foreign-owned entities and various consultants and “functionaries.”
Aid and Comfort to our enemies?
So why am I not surprised that the list of those attending a rally promoted by the Iranian group Mujahadin-e Khalq (MEK) contains some very notable names on both the left and the right? In most cases, these appear to be names for sale much in the same way the Washington Madam plied her trade.
- Newt Gingrich, failed Conservative Presidential Candidate known to be in serious financial difficulties;
- Ed Rendell, former Pennsylvania Governor;
- Howard Dean, former Vermont Governor;
- Rudy Giuliani, former New York City Mayor;
- Bill Richardson, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Secretary of Energy and Governor of New Mexico;
- John Bolton, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations;
- Ambassador Mitchell Reiss, former Director of Policy Planning at the US Department of State;
- Robert Torricelli, former New Jersey Senator;
- Robert Joseph, U.S. Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security;
- Ambassador Phillip Crowley, Assistant Secretary of State (2009-2011);
- P.J. Crowley, former State Department spokesman;
- Judge Michael Mukasey, former U.S. Attorney General
- Clarence Page, Syndicated Columnist, Pulitzer Prize Winner and member of the Chicago Tribune Editorial Board
- Linda Chavez, White House Director and prominent conservative operative
- Gen. George W. Casey, Army Chief of Staff and commander of Coalition forces in Iraq (2004-2007);
- Gen. James Conway, 34th Commandant of the United States Marine Corps;
- Gen. David Phillips, Commander of U.S. Military Police (2008-2011);
- Col. Wesley Martin, former Senior Anti-terrorism Force Protection Officer for all Coalition Forces in Iraq and Commander of Forward Operation Base in Ashraf;
- Lt. Col Leo McCloskey, Commander of Forward Operation Base in Ashraf until 2009;
- Glenn Carle, former Deputy National Intelligence for Transnational Threats; and
- More names can be found <here>
But why are these esteemed former politicians and elected officials appearing and/or speaking at a Paris rally for the MEK, known to be lobbying the United States Government for removal from a list of foreign terrorist organizations?
According to the well-researched and documented article by ProPublica, an investigative journalism source founded and funded by liberals …
“The MEK, which fiercely opposes the current regime in Iran, has mounted a high-priced lobbying and legal battle to get off the terrorist list in recent years. The group was placed on the list in 1997 by the Clinton Administration, which cited its record of attacks against Iranian targets. The group also “assassinated several U.S. military personnel and U.S. civilians working on defense projects in Tehran” in the 1970s when the U.S. was allied with the Shah, according to the State Department. The MEK says it has renounced violence.”
“A federal appeals court last month ordered the State Department to decide within four months whether the MEK should remain on the list.”
“Groups supporting the MEK have paid millions of dollars to attract former officials and retired military officers to appear at events supporting the group in recent years. But because the MEK is an officially designated terrorist organization, it is illegal for Americans to accept money from the MEK itself. NBC reported in March that former officials had received subpoenas as part of a federal probe ‘focused on whether the former officials may have received funding, directly or indirectly, from the [MEK].’” <Source>
Here is the quote from Clarence Page as to why he participated in the rally and called for the removal of the organization from the list of terrorists …
“I thought they were simply a group of Iranian exiles who were opposed to the regime in Tehran,” Page said. “I later found out they can be construed as a MEK front group, and I don’t think it’s worth it to my reputation to be perceived as a paid spokesman for any political cause.”
He later claimed that he returned the speaking fee of $20,000 plus expenses to a known MEK front group known as the Organizing Committee for Convention for Democracy in Iran. It appears that the use of a front group is little more than a transparent ruse to keep the attendees from being charged under various federal statutes prohibiting dealing with foreign terrorist groups.One may also wonder how much a prominent American “Speakers’ Bureau” profited from providing their clients with the opportunity to make a little extra cash on behalf of a suspect foreign operation?
Bottom line …
I do not care whether or not the ProPublica story was intended to embarrass prominent conservatives who might play an important part in the upcoming election cycle.
What I do care about is that quite a few prominent and highly visible Americans with government and media influence decided to assist a foreign terrorist front group in lobbying to be removed from a list of designated terrorist groups. Something that should not be left in the hands of a suspect federal judge, but an action left to the intelligence agencies and the State Department.
These people are beyond contemptible, they appear to be whores to a system that is knowingly anti-America. This is the same type of public encouragement the Ayatollah received from prominent members of the Carter Administration who openly advocated for the downfall of the Shah of Iran – and we now know that effort marked the rise of malignant, militant Islam-Fascism.
Some of the people may believe that the MEK is part of the effort to overthrow the current Iranian regime. But after seeing events play out in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria and, most recently Egypt, what do Americans – including the CIA – really know about this group’s real intentions other that they want to seize power — and do or say anything to accomplish their agenda. Including being militantly anti-American if that is what it takes? Or purchasing influence with dollars from unknown sources?
The knowledge that some of my fellow Americans are selling out our nation to foreign sovereigns is disgusting. Something leading me to believe that there are those who openly encourage such sales of America’s infrastructure and influence for self-enrichment – as well as being, in Vladimir Lenin’s words, “useful idiots.” Similar to an earlier usage of a the term, ‘useful innocents.’ which appears in Austrian-American economist Ludwig von Mises’ book “Planned Chaos.” Von Mises claims the term was used by communists for liberals that von Mises describes as “confused and misguided sympathizers”. <Source>
Regardless, there is a fifth column of Americans who are willing to sell out America for the proverbial 30-pieces of silver.
Reference Links …
Current List of Designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations <Source: United States Department of State>
Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs) are foreign organizations that are designated by the Secretary of State in accordance with section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended. FTO designations play a critical role in our fight against terrorism and are an effective means of curtailing support for terrorist activities and pressuring groups to get out of the terrorism business.
- Abdallah Azzam Brigades (AAB)
- Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)
- Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade (AAMS)
- Ansar al-Islam (AAI)
- Asbat al-Ansar
- Aum Shinrikyo (AUM)
- Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
- Communist Party of the Philippines/New People’s Army (CPP/NPA)
- Continuity Irish Republican Army (CIRA)
- Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group)
- HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement)
- Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami/Bangladesh (HUJI-B)
- Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM)
- Hizballah (Party of God)
- Islamic Jihad Union (IJU)
- Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
- Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM) (Army of Mohammed)
- Jemaah Islamiya organization (JI)
- Jemmah Anshorut Tauhid (JAT)
- Kahane Chai (Kach)
- Kata’ib Hizballah (KH)
- Kongra-Gel (KGK, formerly Kurdistan Workers’ Party, PKK, KADEK)
- Lashkar-e Tayyiba (LT) (Army of the Righteous)
- Lashkar i Jhangvi (LJ)
- Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
- Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG)
- Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group (GICM)
- Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK)
- National Liberation Army (ELN)
- Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)